Social Media manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media manager to lead social strategy, content planning, content creation and community management with a global consultancy. Do you want to use your knowledge and skills to build workplaces that work for everyone? Then this is the role for you!
This is a critical role in driving and creating social media engagement with existing followers while acquiring new audiences such as prospective clients.
- Support the planning and delivering of social media strategy for Michelle King and the company brand
- Plan and produce creative social media content, utilising scheduling tools to develop the monthly content calendar
- Implement organic social media campaigns, working closely with the Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer to grow platform reach
- Create reports on pre- and post-campaign analysis of social media activity
- Support and moderate social community engagement
- Identify trends and opportunities and advise business on best practices in digital content, aligned to the brand
- Experience working with and managing social media
- Content creation experience, including photography, video and editing
- Excellent copywriting skills to amplify social media content and drive engagement
- Strong understanding of social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex communications into understandable and targeted content
- Knowledge of SEO and algorithms
- Demonstrates curiosity and is open to learning
- Is collaborative and able to ideate amongst diverse individuals
UK and Home-based
This is a 12-month consultancy agreement that can be worked on a full-time or 30-hours per week.
- Manage your own schedule in a fully flexible and remote work environment
- Enjoy the freedom to innovate and be valued for your ideas in a supportive environment.
- Contribute to enabling workplace cultures that value difference and build your own thought leadership in the areas of equality, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Fast track your personal growth, and acquire new skills in a values-led organisation
- Join a team of vibrant, passionate inclusion experts at a stage of growth.
- Thrive in a culture that embraces flexible working, personal growth, and where you can be yourself.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, and candidates with disabilities, because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater innovation, creativity and performance. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Closing date for applications: 1st December 2022
|Closing date||1st December 2022|